What paperwork is there?
The GBRMPA provides you with an Environmental Management Charge (EMC) logbook and/or Charging Return when your permit is granted and at the beginning of each calendar year. Logbooks are available in both electronic and hard-copy form.
Permit holders with bareboat and aircraft operations are required to submit electronic logbooks. All other permit holders are encouraged to also complete and submit their EMC activities in electronic logbooks. Electronic logbooks for vessel, bareboat and aircraft operations are available below (see Download documents) or by contacting the GBRMPA on (07) 4750 0700 or email at email@example.com.
The Charging Return for each operation type can also be downloaded below (see Download documents).
Activities with daily charges
If you are undertaking activities for which the daily EMC charges apply, you are required to complete your logbook on a daily basis. This includes information on the number of visitors carried, the amount of EMC payable and all the reefs, islands and bays visited.
You must complete a separate logbook for each operation permitted.
Please take care to complete the logbook accurately, paying particular attention to:
- Providing correct information about the permit you are operating
- Ensuring information for each operation on a permit is recorded, even if there was no activity
- Providing correct details of the location/s where you operated.
You must also complete a Charging Return every quarter for each operation. This is a summary of the information from the logbook regarding the amount of EMC due. Please note you will find your Reference Number on the front of the Charging Return.
When undertaking non-tourist charter operations, you are also required to complete your logbook on a daily basis.
Activities with a fixed quarterly charge
If you are undertaking activities with a fixed quarterly charge, such as beach hire, land-based sewage discharge or mariculture, you are only required to complete a quarterly Charging Return.
Please note you will find your Reference Number on the front of the Charging Return.
For multiple permits or vessels
In addition to the quarterly Charging Return, please fill out and return a Charging Return Summary Form if you have any of the following:
- Multiple operations (including multiple vessels on the one permit)
- Multiple permits.
You will need to contact the GBRMPA and register as a multi-permit user. You will then be provided with the Charging Return Summary Form.
Contact the GBRMPA on (07) 4750 0700 or by email.
When do I have to submit logbooks, Charging Returns and payment?
Payment of the EMC with the Charging Return and logbook sheets (where applicable) must be submitted quarterly to the GBRMPA. At the end of each quarter, you have the next month to collate your logbook sheets and Charging Returns and submit them and the payment to the GBRMPA. The due dates are:
How can I pay?
You may make an EMC payment by BPAY, cheque, direct deposit or internet banking. To ensure that your payment can be accurately matched to your EMC obligations, you must identify each payment with your Reference Number.
- To pay EMC using BPAY quote the Biller Code and provide your Reference Number located on the front of your Charging Return.
- Bank details for the GBRMPA may be obtained by contacting the EMC unit on (07) 4750 0700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure you identify your payment by including your Reference Number in your payment description.
- Please make cheques payable to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority.
- To pay by credit card, contact the GBRMPA on (07) 4750 0700.
Please note that any bank charges incurred from credit institutions for processing transactions will be added to the final payment amount.
Mailing address to send logbook sheets, Charging Returns and payment:
Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
Reply Paid 1379
TOWNSVILLE QLD 4810
Fax: (07) 4772 5289
- Electronic Logbook for Vessel Programs
- Electronic Logbook for Bareboat Programs
- Electronic Logbook for Aircraft Program
Electronic Charging Returns
- Charging Return Summary Form
- Charging Return Vessel Operations
- Charging Return Beach Hire Operations
- Charging Return Marina Operations
- Charging Return Pontoon Operations
- Charging Return Underwater Observatory Operations
- Charging Return Vending Operations
- Charging Return Point Source Sewage Discharge Operations
- Charging Return Mariculture Operations
- Nil Return